There are different ways to activate and set up your SIM, depending on whether you want to keep your existing number or choose to have a new number.
- A pre-activated SIM will give you a new number
- A replacement blank SIM will let you keep your existing number
I want a new number
Pop out the correct size SIM from the 3-in-1 SIM provided and insert it into your device. Your new phone number will be on the back of the SIM packaging. To activate:
- If you’re Pay monthly,put your SIM into the device to activate it. This can take up to 12 hours
- If you’re Pay as you go,put your SIM into the device, and if you don’t have a bundle added already, top up to activate it. This can take up to 24 hours, but it’s usually much faster.
I want to keep my number
I’m a Vodafone customer
If your old SIM fits your new device, simply insert your SIM into the device to activate it. However, if your device needs a different size SIM, or you don’t have your previous SIM, you’ll need a replacement SIM. Get one in store or order one by speaking to an adviser on Live Chat
When you have a replacement SIM you’ll need to complete a SIM swap request to move your current number to that new SIM.
- If your phone works and you can receive texts, please complete the SIM swap request
- If you’re a Pay monthly customer and don’t have a working phone you can request a SIM swap here instead
- If you’re a Pay as you go customer and don’t have a working phone please speak to an adviser on Live Chat
I’m new to Vodafone
If you want to bring a number to Vodafone from another operator, you’ll need to request a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). Find out more
I have a SIM from Carphone Warehouse after upgrading
Your replacement SIM will be active with your existing number, just put it into your phone to activate it.