- Activate your new SIM using our online SIM swap tool – only do this if you’ve
- upgraded and your old SIM doesn’t fit your new device, or
- you ordered a replacement as your old one was lost, stolen or damaged
If you’ve upgraded and your old SIM fits your new device, discard the new blank SIM we sent you (or keep it safe)
- Pop your SIM into your device and switch it on – see our device guides for instructions if you need further help on how to do this
- Wait for your phone to display a signal and the Vodafone symbol – this can take up to 24 hours but is usually much quicker. If you’ve upgraded, keep using your old SIM and device until you can’t make calls, send texts or use data on it, at which point your upgrade will be complete
Please note: If you’re a Pay as you go customer, you’ll also need to top up your phone before your SIM will activate.