Our age-restricted content control bar is switched-on as standard. This is to protect younger users from seeing images and accessing websites, apps or other content that are inappropriate for under 18s.
We understand this can be annoying if you’re over 18, so this bar is easy to remove:
- Log in to My Vodafone
- Choose Services and extras in the menu
- Choose Bars and data alerts
- Then toggle the age-restricted content bar to On or Off
- You’ll then need to verify your age by entering your name, date of birth, address and payment card number
- Tap Pay now to continue. Don’t worry, no payment will be taken
- Once your age has been verified, select Bars and data alerts in the box, then toggle the switch between On and Off again
After you’ve turned the content control bar on or off, wait 10 minutes and restart your device. You should then have access to your age-restricted content straight away, though in some rare cases this may take up to 24 hours.
You’ll also receive a text confirming that the content control has been removed or added.
If you have any issues switching the content control bar off, please speak to an adviser using the buttons at the end of this answer.
Find out more about Digital Parenting tips and what we’re doing to protect younger customers online