Content control is an age-restricted content bar. It’s applied to all Vodafone devices and protects younger customers from seeing images and accessing websites, apps or other content that are inappropriate for under-18s.
You can add or remove the content control from any device, at any time in My Vodafone – but you’ll also need to verify that you’re over 18:
- Log in to My Vodafone
- If you’ve more than one number on your account, select the number of the device you want to control in the grey box at the top of the Account summary page
- Choose Services and extras in the menu
- Choose Bars and data alerts
- You can then manage your content control using the Age-restricted content bar
- The Age-restricted content bar is switched on by default. To switch it off, toggle from ON to OFF
- Follow the steps on screen where you’ll be asked to verify your age by entering your name, date of birth, address and payment card number
- Tap Pay now to continue. Don’t worry, no payment will be taken
- Once your age has been verified, re-toggle the Age-restricted content bar to OFF. After you’ve turned the content control bar on or off, wait 10 minutes and restart your device. You should have access to all your content straight away, though in some rare cases this may take up to 24 hours
You’ll also receive a text confirmation that the content control has been removed or added.