Unlocking your device
To unlock a Vodafone device to use on another network, you’ll need to request a network unlock code (NUC).
If you’re a personal customer, this service is free of charge – simply complete this online form to request a code. If you’re a business customer, there may be a charge for this service.
Please ensure the Vodafone number you provide on the form has been used with the device for at least 30 days.
Find out how to unlock your phone if you’re not a Vodafone customer and have purchased a device locked to Vodafone from a third party
What happens next?
You’ll receive a confirmation email when your application is received, then another within 48 hours if we already have the code. However, in some instances we may need to contact the device’s manufacturer which can take up to 10 working days – we’ll let you know if this is the case.
When the code is ready:
- If you have an Apple device, we’ll send you an email to let you know your device is unlocked. Then you must resync with iTunes to complete the process.
- For all other devices, we’ll send you an email with your unlock code and instructions to unlock your device.
If you’re a corporate or public sector customer please contact your account manager for assistance.
Not what you were looking for?
- If you want to use your Vodafone SIM in a device locked to another network, you’ll need to contact the other network
- If you need to unlock your SIM card, you’ll need to request a PIN unlock key (PUK)
- If you want to transfer your number to another network, you’ll need to request a porting authorisation code (PAC)