You should let us know as soon as possible. The quickest way to report your device as lost or stolen is by using our online self-service tool
Alternatively, you can contact us using the Give us a call button or chat to us online using Live Chat.
Once you notify us, we’ll block your SIM and your device’s IMEI (serial number) to prevent others from using it. Lost or stolen phones can be used to rack up hundreds or thousands of pounds in call charges. However, as long as you report the theft or loss of your phone within 24 hours, the maximum amount you’ll need to pay will be £100.
Other things to complete
- If your phone’s been stolen, you must also report it to the police as you’ll need a crime number for insurance purposes.
- If you have Vodafone Insurance, you should call our claims team on 0333 304 3346 (standard call charges apply) from the UK, or call +44 7836 191 191 if calling from abroad. If you have your own insurance, please get in touch with your insurer as soon as you can.
- You should change your passwords for any internet accounts used on your device – such as email accounts, Facebook or online banking.
- If you have an iPhone and you have Find my iPhone active, you can turn on Lost Mode – this allows you to lock and erase your device remotely. Apple Pay on the device will also be suspended when you put your device in Lost Mode. If you don’t have Find my iPhone active, you should change your Apple ID password – this will prevent anyone accessing your iCloud data.
- If you have an Android device, you can use the feature Find my Device (if you’ve already downloaded the app) – this allows you to lock and erase your phone remotely.