We know that losing your device is a pain. Here's a list of things to do to make sure you're back up and running as quickly as possible.
Check the location of your device
Most devices now come with built in tracking tools. Find out how to locate your device.
Tell us within 24 hours to avoid extra charges
If your device is lost or stolen, report it as soon as possible on our online self-service tool.
If you have Vodafone Insurance, contact the insurance team.
You have two options:
- Report device as lost - this will block your SIM, meaning it can't be used to make any calls, send texts or use data. It will still receive calls so you can ring it to try and find it.
- Report device as stolen - this will block your SIM and blacklist your device, meaning it can't be used with any UK network provider. Don't worry, if you find your device we can unblock it.
If you report your device as lost or stolen within 24 hours, the most you'll need to pay for any unauthorised use is £100. Find out more about what you might have to pay.
Report stolen devices to the police
If your device has been stolen, report it to the police to get a crime reference number. You'll need this to make an insurance claim.
You can also report your missing device on the Immobilise website. This is a free national database, and the police can use it to return your device if they find it.
Replace your SIM or device
Replace your SIM - it's easy to get a SIM replacement.
Replace your device - check out your options for getting a replacement device.
Keep your information safe
You should protect the personal data that is on your lost or stolen device, by doing the following:
- Change your passwords for any internet accounts used on your device, such as email accounts, social media or online banking.
- Lock your SIM by creating a PIN which you'll need each time you restart your device or if you use your SIM in another device.
- Back up your data to make sure you don't lose all the important things on your device.