Before you come into the store to drop off your device, or send your device for repair by post, follow this advice to ensure you don’t lose your personal information and that you get your repaired device back promptly.
- When we repair your device, we might need to replace it (if a repair isn’t possible) or reset your device’s software version to its original level. This means we’d need to reset your device, which will delete all your data (causing you to lose all your photos, music and contacts).To prevent this from happening:
- Please back up all data on your device before dropping off your device at a store or sending it by post for repair.
- Sometimes during the repair process, we may need to contact you to discuss additional issues we’ve found on the device or get your permission before we take specific steps (such as replacing the phone if it’s not repairable). This means we need to have the right contact details to make sure your repair isn’t delayed or your device isn’t returned to you without being fully repaired. So please make sure that you:
- Confirm that your most recent address appears on your My Vodafone account. We want to make sure we send your device to the right address after it’s been repaired
- Provide alternative contact details, so we can contact you if we find an issue or need your approval before we continue with the repair. Please note that without the correct contact numbers and email address, your repair may be delayed or not completed because we can’t get in touch with you
- If you want to have an Apple product repaired, please disable Find my iPhone otherwise your phone may be returned without being replaced.