If you want to stop yourself using more data than your plan allows, you can set up a data cap.
It’s easy to set up a cap or turn one off in the My Vodafone app or by logging in to your account online. You can also text us to turn a cap off.
My Vodafone app
From the homescreen:
- Find the ‘Manage Bars & Extras’ tile
- Tap it, then choose ‘Data cap’
- From there, you can set up a data cap, or turn one off
- Log in to your My Vodafone account
- From your ‘Account summary’, choose the plan you want to put a data cap on – skip this step if you’ve only got one plan
- From the navigation menu, choose ‘Services and extras’ > ‘Mobile data options’
- Find the ‘Data bar’
- If you want to set a data cap, choose ‘YES’ – if you want to remove one, choose ‘NO’
Is there anyone who can’t use a data cap?
If you bought your Pay monthly plan before these dates, we can’t cap your data:
- Mobile: 5 May 2016
- Mobile broadband: 28 Sept 2016
But we will let you know when you’ve reached 80%, then 100% of your data allowance.
If this is you, it might be time to upgrade your plan to get more data – so you don’t have to worry about out-of-plan costs. Start a chat with us and ask about upgrading.
Data caps abroad
If you’re on one of our Unlimited data plans, data use is capped at 25GB a month in inclusive roaming destinations.
If you’re on another Pay monthly plan, you might have a different type of roaming data cap – it depends on your plan. Start a chat with us so we can take a look for you.