Find out how changes to 3G networks in the USA may affect your service
As part of their network upgrades, T-Mobile, our mobile partners in the USA will stop supporting 3G coverage from 1 July 2022. This may affect your roaming experience, depending on your phone.
Will my device be affected?
Now that T-Mobile are moving to switch off their 3G network, the 2G network will become more congested and this could affect the quality of service when making calls.
If you have a:
- 4G or 5G phone – you’ll still be able to enjoy your normal 4G data service in the USA, with only a temporary change to your service for calls. This means you may temporarily experience lower call quality while using your phone.
- 3G device – your phone will switch to USA 2G networks instead of 3G. This means you may experience lower call quality while using your phone.
- 2G device – you may have issues connecting to the network and experience call drops as the 2G networks become more congested.
Will Vodafone be launching a solution?
We’re proactively working with our roaming partners to reduce the impact on customers and aim to launch our 4G Calling Abroad solution later this summer.
Why is this happening now?
For countries where Vodafone doesn’t operate, we partner with other mobile networks to make sure you can keep using your phone abroad. This year, our US partners are upgrading their network to expand existing 4G coverage and new 5G services. To free up the capacity for these changes, they need to switch off older networks like 3G.
Unfortunately, we can’t control our partners’ networks – but rest assured, once our 4G Calling Abroad is live, the upgrades will result in improved call quality for the latest devices.
How can I stay connected?
- If your phone can’t connect to T-Mobile, you’ll automatically be switched to AT&T – you’ll still be able to use data in the USA but won’t be able to make calls.
- To make calls in the USA, make sure you’ve selected the T-Mobile network in your roaming settings.
- Many popular messaging apps like WhatsApp and Messenger offer voice calling features too – so if you have access to WiFi or 4G data, you can use these to make calls instead.
Upgrade your phone
Upgrade your phone so that it’s compatible once 4G Calling Abroad is live.
Check out our device list to see if your phone is compatible.
Choose a new phone on Pay monthly
If your phone doesn’t support 4G Calling Abroad, and you’re on a Pay monthly plan, you could consider switching your device. You can have a look at our different phones online.
Choose a new phone on Pay as you go
If you’re not able to use 4G Calling Abroad, and you’re on a Pay as you go plan, considering a new device could help. Have a look at our phones online, then pop into your nearest store to discuss.
If you’re a Vodafone business customer, head over to our page for Roaming changes in the USA (business customers)