If you can’t make any calls or send texts from your Vodafone mobile, you should try turning your phone off and on again as a first step. It’s also worth trying to call or text different numbers before trying anything else, in case you’re trying an incorrect number.
If neither of those work, here are the most common issues and how to resolve them.
- If you’re a Pay monthly customer, check that your bill payments are up to date, or that there haven’t been problems processing a payment. If your payments aren’t up to date, we may have restricted your service. You’ll need to call us on 191 (free from your Vodafone mobile) or make a payment through My Vodafone
- If you’ve installed a third-party calling or text app like TrueCaller or Textra SMS, try disabling or uninstalling it
- A feature like airplane/flight mode may be active – check your device settings and turn it off
- If you’re using a Sure Signal, you can find help and advice on our Sure Signal support pages
- If you’re a Pay as you go customer, check that you haven’t run out of credit or used up all of your Big Value Bundle allowances. If you have, you’ll need to top up
- Use our Network Checker to see if there are any coverage issues or network faults in your area. Enter your post code and the checker will give you information on the normal coverage you should expect for where you are. It can also tell you about planned and unexpected network maintenance and any future coverage enhancements. If this is the case and you have a compatible device, you may be able to use Wi-Fi calling when there’s a poor mobile phone signal, or none at all
- If you’re abroad, you’ll need to check if you have a bar on your account. If you have access to local Wi-Fi, you can check and remove bars in My Vodafone or the My Vodafone App Alternatively please contact our Customer Services team and they’ll be able to help
- If your phone was originally purchased for use on another network, you may need to get it unlocked
- Your phone or device could be broken – see our repairs page for what to do