Otherwise, you can restrict access to content unsuitable for people under 18 using My Vodafone:
• Log in to Manage Services in My Vodafone
• Choose the number of the device you want to restrict access on
• Choose Bars and Data Alerts
• Scroll down to Bars and find the Age-restricted online content bar
• Switch the toggle to On
• Wait 10 minutes and restart the device – the bar will be applied
Access to adult content should be restricted straight away and you’ll receive a confirmation text, to the unbarred number. In some rare cases this may take up to 24 hours.
To access adult content, you’ll need to verify that you are over 18 with a credit card.
Your card billing address must match the address you have registered with Vodafone or you will not be permitted to disable content controls. No payment will be taken.
1. Log in to My Vodafone then choose your device in the grey drop-down within Services and extras
2. Scroll down and click Bars and Data Alerts, and within Bars you’ll see Age-restricted content bar
3. If you’ve verified your identity before, switch the toggle to Off and go to step 7. Otherwise, choose Verify Age
4. Follow the steps to verify your age and enter your credit card details. No payment will be taken. Your billing address must match the address you have registered with Vodafone.
5. In the next screen, click the Bars and Data Alerts link, and within Bars you’ll see Age-restricted online content bar
6. Switch the toggle to Off
7. Wait 10 minutes and restart the device
You should get immediate access to over-18s content – and a text saying the bar has been removed. In some rare cases it may take up to 24 hours.
If you don’t have a credit card, just take a copy of your photo ID (like a passport or driving licence) to your nearest store and one of our advisers will be happy to help.
Please note: the age-restricted online content bar is only effective when devices are connected to our mobile network. If the device connects through Wi-Fi, unsuitable content may still be available.