Vodafone Guardian is an Android app that helps you protect your children from accessing specific numbers and inappropriate content on their smartphone.
Vodafone Guardian closed on the 30th September 2016. You don’t need to do anything but you can uninstall the Guardian and Guardian Protector apps from your device if you want to save storage space.
We’ll continue to develop new tools to help keep you and your family safe online and will share more information as soon as they’re available. You can also control access to age-restricted content using the content-control bar by logging in to My Vodafone
Switching the content-control bar on
The content control bar protects younger customers from accessing websites that are inappropriate for under-18s.
You can add or remove the content control from any device, at any time in My Vodafone – but you’ll also need to verify that you’re over 18:
- Log in to My Vodafone
- Find the number you want to use and choose See usage details
- On the next page, choose Services and extras from the menu followed by Content controls
- You’ll then need to verify your age by entering your name, date of birth, address and payment card number.
- Tap Pay now to continue. Don’t worry, no payment will be taken
- Once your age has been verified, select Bars and data alerts in the box then toggle the switch between on and off
After you’ve turned the content control bar on, wait 10 minutes and restart your device. You should then have access to your age-restricted content straight away, though in some rare cases this may take up to 24 hours.
You’ll also receive a text confirmation that the content control has been added.