1. Head to our travelling abroad page and enter your destination to find out how much roaming there will cost.
2. Make sure your device is enabled for data roaming. If you’re not sure how to set this up, go to our device help page for instructions.
3. If you have a 5G-enabled phone and plan, you’ll be able to roam abroad using 5G where it’s available. It won’t cost you more than roaming on 4G – we’re the first network to offer 5G roaming in 55 European cities at no extra cost.
4. If you haven’t already, set up a PIN for your phone and SIM – this will restrict access to your personal information if your phone is lost or stolen.
5. Make a note of our 24-hour lost and stolen helpline: +44 7836 191 191. It’s free to call from a Vodafone phone, even when you’re abroad – but international call charges may apply if you’re calling from any other mobile or landline. Alternatively, you can use our lost and stolen online tool. If your device has been lost or stolen, it’s important you let us know straight away.
6. If you need access to your voicemail while you’re away, you'll need to set up a security PIN before you leave the UK.
7. Bear in mind that all unlimited data plans are subject to a roaming cap of 25GB a month in inclusive Roam-free or Roam-further destinations.