Making your request
To unlock a Vodafone device to use on another network, you’ll need a Network Unlock Code (NUC). Once you’ve got your code, see how to use your NUC
- Personal and small business customers can complete our form to request a Network Unlock Code (NUC)
- If you’re a corporate or public sector customer, you’ll need to contact your account manager.
- If you’re not a Vodafone customer and have purchased a device from a third party that’s locked to Vodafone, see how to unlock your device
What happens next?
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll send you an email to confirm your email address. Once you’ve confirmed this, we’ll be able to submit your request.
Within 48 hours of this being done you’ll receive an email with your code.
However, in some instances we may need to contact the device’s manufacturer, which can take up to 10 working days – we’ll let you know if this is the case.
- Apple devices – we’ll email you once your device is unlocked. Turn your device off and insert a non-Vodafone SIM. If this doesn’t work, please follow the instructions on the Apple website
- All other devices – we’ll email you with your NUC and instructions. For more information, visit our How to use your Network Unlock Code page
Not what you were looking for?
If you need to unlock your device or SIM in a different way, see our Unlock your phone page