Record a personal greeting
Personalise your voicemail message and let your friends know it's definitely you when they call.
To record your personal greeting:
- Call 121 from your Vodafone mobile. Note: if you’re a Pay monthly customer or have a Pay as you go Big Value Bundle, this will use minutes from your allowance. If you have no remaining minutes or you’re outside the UK, standard call charges apply.
- Choose option 1, then option 2 to access the Greetings menu
- Record your own outgoing message to greet anyone who calls
Send incoming calls straight to your voicemail
If you don't have time to talk, you can divert your incoming calls straight to your voicemail by calling 1212 from your Vodafone mobile and following the instructions.
When you want to start receiving calls again, call 1213 to end the diversion.
Note: if you’re a Pay monthly customer or have a Pay as you go Big Value Bundle, this will use minutes from your allowance. If you have no remaining minutes or you’re outside the UK, standard call charges apply.
Send outgoing calls straight to voicemail
If you don’t have time to chat and want to just leave a message for your friends, you can do that, too. Please note this only works when calling other Vodafone mobiles.
To go straight to voicemail:
- Call 07836 121 121 free from your Vodafone mobile (standard charges apply from other phones)
- Choose option 1
- Enter any Vodafone number
- Leave your message
Change the length of time before calls go to voicemail
Your Vodafone mobile is set to ring for 15 seconds before going to voicemail. You can also change how long it rings for, choosing from 5 to 30 seconds in 5-second intervals.
To choose your desired ringing time:
- Enter **61*121*11* on your Vodafone mobile
- Choose the number of seconds you’d like your phone to ring for, followed by #
- Press Call
- You’ll receive a confirmation message with your new ring time
For example, if you want to set your Vodafone mobile to ring for 25 seconds, you enter **61*121*11*25#, and press Call. When the message pops up, you'll know it's all done.
Change how you're alerted to a new voicemail
There are three ways voicemail can alert you to new messages.
The default setting is with an icon popping up on your phone screen, but you can also be notified by text, or by an automated phone call. You can change your preference at any time.
To make a change:
- Call 121 from your Vodafone mobile. Note: If you’re a Pay monthly customer, this will use minutes from your monthly allowance. If you have no remaining minutes, or you’re a Pay as you go customer, or you’re outside the UK, standard call charges apply.
- Press 1 for the main menu
- Choose option 4, then option 3
- Pick your alert type – 2 for text, 3 for a call or 4 for an icon.
Note: When you're abroad, alerts will always come through as a text.