Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling is available on the following Android smartphones:
- Galaxy A3 (2016 and 2017)
- A5 (2016 and 2017)
- Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S6 edge
- Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S7 edge
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S8+
- Galaxy Note8
- XCover 4
- XY Premium
- Smart ultra 7
- Smart platinum 7
Check if you have an eligible plan
The following plans are compatible with Wi-Fi Calling:
- Pay monthly Red Extra
- Red Entertainment
- Red or Red Value
- Business Value
- Business Extra
- Business Premier
- Business Black
If you’re not on one of the above plans, you’ll need to contact us to change your plan or to upgrade.
Business customers need to have bought their plan and phone directly from us to use this service.
Red Sharer, One Net Business, One Net Enterprise and One Net Express plans aren’t able to use Wi-Fi Calling.
Set up Wi-Fi Calling
- Connect to Wi-Fi (Go to Settings and choose the Wi-Fi icon to connect to an available Wi-Fi network, such as your home Wi-Fi or a public hotspot)
- Make sure you have the latest software on your phone. To update your software, go to Settings > About device > Software update > Update now
- Switch on Wi-Fi Calling:
- Samsung: Go to Phone > Three vertical dots (top right hand corner) > Settings > Wi-Fi Calling > set it to On
- Sony: Go to Phone > Three vertical dots (top right hand corner) > Setting > Calls > Wi-Fi Calling > set it to On
- Vodafone: Phone > Three vertical dots (top right hand corner) > Settings > Phone > Call settings > Wi-Fi Calling > set it to On
- Text CALLING to 97888 (no charge)
You're now ready to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi Calling takes effect only when the mobile signal in your area is poor or non-existent, and you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.