Our Passes let you make the most of your favourite apps on the go – at home in the UK and within our 50 Roam-free destinations. They also include access to each service on the web. But there are a few things you’ll still need your monthly data for.
- You can’t use the Social Pass for streaming ‘Twitter Live.’
- You can’t use the Chat Pass for making video or voice calls through your WhatsApp, Viber or Facebook Messenger apps
- You can’t use Passes to view content, including videos, from links that take you to another app or website that isn’t included within the Pass you’re using. So, if you click on a link that takes you out of an app that’s included in your purchased Pass, data used within that second app or external content would come out of your monthly data allowance (unless that second app or site is included in another Pass you have purchased).
- For example, if you’ve got the Social Pass and are scrolling through Facebook and click onto a link to a trailer that takes you out of Facebook and into Netflix, then the Netflix data will be taken from your monthly allowance, if you don’t have a Video Pass as well.
- Please note, additional content (such as the adverts that play between songs on Spotify or before YouTube videos) featured within the app and/or website may not be included in your Pass and will be taken from your monthly data allowance.
See our separate FAQ for what content is and isn’t covered when roaming