- If everything connected to the phone socket is firmly plugged in
- If the phone is properly connected to the mains electricity (if it needs to be)
- If any batteries need charging or changing
If this doesn’t solve the issue, follow these steps:
- Unplug all equipment connected to every phone socket in your property
- Now plug your home phone into the main phone socket and try the connection
- If you still don’t have any service, try another home phone so you can identify if the phone itself is faulty
If these steps don’t resolve the fault, you may need to check your internal extensions and any devices connected to the telephone line one by one to find what’s causing your problem.
Gigafast Broadband customers, please note: in the event of a power cut, both your broadband service and phone line will likely stop working and calls to the emergency services during this time will not be possible. If you are reliant on your landline for reasons of vulnerability, we recommend you contact Vodafone to discuss an alternative mobile line.